Hushha, abushha, They all got married

I wonder how many of you have similar experiences with friends.

Ascent and King of Blue are two people I've known since I was two. I've always felt very close to them, though not always been very close to them. Different classes and schools will do that to you. And yet, I really feel they're my brothers from other mothers. I haven't spent that much time with them in the past decade and yet whenever we meet we devolve into the same pubescent jokes and silly laughter that we always have. 

In college all of us hung out a lot. Ghodi was this regal figure with rich tastes and expensive upbringing. Brightness was warm on the inside but scorched people within earshot on the outside. Good-peaceful was never ever at peace. The Patient One has to be the most restless man I have ever seen. J and J were completely different personalities and joint at the hip for some reason. Similarly Twilight and Jasmine stemmed from the same pot. Mind truly had a mind of her own and shared heart with a lot of people. Strawberry was a sweet flower who kept her magnificence to her self at most times. Star was the nicest person I have known...

Later there was another Star who I spent a lot of time with. Branchette was one of these forceful personalities who wouldn't let you into her space. Shiva was always a jolly drunk. Point was a tiny ball of laughter. Little lamp was always Ms Diligence Goodytwoshoes. Stud laughed louder than I ever have. Another Brightness was there a year and gone the next... 

Another Krish worked his charm and kept busy. Drey is another brother from an other mother. General Moon had had a long distance relationship for half a decade...

Then they all got married.

Their worlds don't seem to extend beyond home anymore. Which is good in some ways. One wants that: to be lost in your own world with greater predictability, at least for some time. That world seems to change people. They aren't part of my world anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Necessary Administrative Absurdities