To my trusty darling

mmm… I love you gorgeous
You are wider than you are tall
Your single arm, bends and all
You have no hips
You have no shoulders
A lovely heavy bodied boulder
Bitterness spills over
at your wide, black-lipped mouth
I see through it, in and out
Your brick red ravenously freckled skin
patched with white
Glistens in the sunlight.
Your teeth are missing and so is your hair
Your legs, your eyes… they’re just not there
You smell at the end of a day’s work
I don’t clean you, for I’m a jerk
You’re perfect I couldn’t love you more
No Romeo, no Ranjha felt such amor
You make me warm, when I’m cold
You wake me up when my eyes are sore
You do not yap, you do not bore
You do your job and say no more.
I like my laptop, but I’ll replace it
Like I’ll replace the furniture and rug
But never you…
My beloved Coffee mug.

Comments

Unknown said…
love it!!! :)

VERY nice poetry dude!! :)
impressive
Shreekant said…
LOL! Nice one DC ;) Hadn't scrolled down... First I thought your darling is a coffee bean, but then... soon... :)
Unknown said…
:)...nice sweet ending...and a really nice photograph!
Shades of Grey said…
gorgasmically splendid!
Angika said…
C'est tres bon! And the mug is niiice! :)
Unknown said…
Hey D2! Extremely well written.
The coffee mug pic is nice.
Mukta said…
awesome! lovely poetry :)
Sana said…
no one can beat u joji... lovely as ever..
Sana said…
can so imagine u sitting for hours with your coffee mug, just gazing at it, pondering... n then the glint in ur eyes the moment u got a kickstart...
Sana said…
n i loooved the picture too.. ok actually i cant stop reading it... so kinda cmng up with a new comment everytime...
Ashwini Phadnis said…
Nice poetry! Kept me guessing till the end :)
sujaan said…
:) read it twice, once after seeing the pic...

liked the last bit the most
Hey!! Really Nice man!! as usual! U are brilliant. Now that you are writing about a coffee mug, you should write one about Roopali too!!

:-) :-)
Indu said…
Amazing!
A B Sagar said…
nice photo ....


peace.
~sagar
Debnath Ghosal said…
hey nice one :)
Raksha said…
Hey! Have been reading your blog. Would you like to write for Chicken soup series for Indian soul? If yes, please mail me at rakshabharadia@gmail.com and i will forward the brief.

Best'
Raksha

Popular posts from this blog

Necessary Administrative Absurdities