Dear You,
I hope you don't mind being the recipient of a long email. Sort of felt like writing something. :) I just recently went on nice road trip. I needed to get away from things. It's amazing what kind of a degenerate, self cannibalizing rut people get themselves into. I did for sure. But anyway, I found, like many others have, driving is a wonderful way of getting your mind off things. Literally, your mind needs to be on, the, road. Anything less and that you'll be smusch in no time. America is a good continent to drive. You drive and drive and drive all day and not see the same scene again. That again, is subjective. You could drive and drive and drive all day and still be in the middle of nowhere Texas where everything is flat and dry and just like Oklahoma... or Arkansas or New Mexico. :D
But then again, it's enough to make you stop thinking of what you thought would happen. The only transition I saw was when between Missouri and Illinois. The rain helped. Cottony clouds floated on a sky with unabridged horizons. The cotton decorated the lovely deep light blue blanket, if that can be said. The corner of the windscreen stayed aligned to the divider. The engines had that speedy yet strong hum that   people wish their lives, careers and family have. It is funny how I am all praise for my hail damaged, fourteen year old Camry, Dimples. She's like a pint of Guinness. Not of the aroma and summery flavor of delicate Belgian ales, but still full and dependable. Yes, she doesn't spur well between 60 and 80 miles an hour, but then again, she reaches and stays there, still giving 30 miles to the gallon. I guess I identify too much with my car :D I love fine scotch, more than is healthy almost. Then again, I don't identify with them so much. :D

It was nice to see Noshi after a year. The last time I saw him, I didn't feel the need to talk. Just having him sit by my side outside the airport entrance where I picked him up, sharing a smoke, was overwhelming. He's a mirror into my personality in many many ways. I saw him at his office in Kansas City and he showed me off to his colleagues. In such times even a man understands what it must be like to be a pricy girlfriend. :D 
We cooked and watched videos all weekend. It was nice to see Sowmya from HCU after so long. I loved it. Familiarity is beautiful. Familiality is beautiful too. I feel like seeing everyone I ever knew once again. Makes you reflect and think, 'huh! not done too badly so far! '
Seeing Pavan was just wonderful. I hadn't seen him in a decade. He kept talking and I was all ears. I think him and I are the only people from school who get the motivation behind what we do. It was nice. We really spent no more than 5 hours chatting because I had to go to bed for the twleve hour drive (that's right, twelve hour drive) back to Dallas. The whole trip was exactly what I needed. The last time I felt like writing was a llooonngg time ago. I've got plenty to spill. But my blot just finished transferring.
Cheerio and all of that sort thing. :D

Adios,
Joji

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Necessary Administrative Absurdities