Dream Series-2
Whether it was the three mugs of coffee and and heavy lunch before the siesta, an odd sleeping position or wonky mattress I don't know. This afternoon I had the oddest dream, bordering on psychedelia.
I was on a bus with my parents. This was no ordinary bus. We were the only ones on it. It was like a big wide room with bright, off-white hidden lighting like a corporate board room. The seats had the same colour of the light.  They looked firm, but felt like cushion air. That's right, this dream incorporated the sense of touch. The seats were partitioned such that each person was half an arms length away, and pointed in the direction we were driving. Papa said something about a conference he was taking Amma and me to. I looked up ahead. This bus was moving on a strange landscape. I could only see flatness all the way to the horizon in front of us. We were gliding along on a two lane highway, the bus taking up both lanes and nothing moved in sight, except that stripes on the road that monotonously slid beneath us. Around the road there were vast skies and land the colour of white sands on a beach. But it was featureless, like someone had smoothened out such an expanse of sand, even the texture of sand itself. That made it hard to say if we were zooming on this highway or going really slowly. There was nothing to compare the length of the stripes to and that didn't help.
I glanced to my right. Suddenly there was a window from the ceiling to the floor that appeared and I could see beyond it. We arrived at wire fenced compound. The fence extended along, and at a right angle to, the road as far as one could see. The posts were solid steel cylinders and the wires a platinum white. I could see a largish spread out building in the background. The building's structure and colour were in harmorny with the blue skies and white "land".
I gazed at the entry of this structure and was transported to its entrance, just by looking at it. I walked down a corridor of immense length and a lot of light. There was a door to the right somewhere in here and as I opened it, I heard Amma call. She was inside and already cooking. I put my stuff in a room that I somehow knew to be mine in the adjoining room. Papa was talking but I didn't see him anywhere. It was if his consciousness was there but not his body. He was talking about how we'd go to the market to get groceries this evening after we had rested. This thought was SO sharply contrasted what I saw from the window.
The building or whatever it was, was flying. I could see thin clouds fly by and city like settlements beneath.
And then at a whim, I felt like running.
We were flying in a...
I'm sorry I've forgotten the rest. More when I remember :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Necessary Administrative Absurdities

New PI blues I